Redwoods

Redwoods
God loves Broken things

Friday, May 6, 2011

Sad week to come

I was so excited this year to have a good chunk of money left over of my tax refund after paying off bills. I had all kinds of wishes and dreams coming to mind.

I was having a hard time choosing from so many great things.... flat panel tv? family history vacation to Pennsylvania? down payment on a Camry? Landscaping dreams come true?

Today my choice was made. All fun of talks and wishes were shattered.
Long story short - my precious beloved truck didn't pass inspections and the repairs will suck up any and all savings and will have to be out of commission for a week!

I am however grateful for many things in this.

1. my truck lasted until I had enough savings.
2. a boss who accompanied me to the mechanic to make sure I wasn't getting taken.
3. my friend is on vacation next week and is letting me user her car.
4. my beloved truck is fixable.
5. no plans, needs etc that I have to back out on next week.
6. co workers who willingly take me home, pick me up, cart me around.

I have one hope left. It is that until my truck is fixed and cleared with inspections I don't get pulled over! With the luck I'm having I will pour out my story of trying to get it registered to only be handed a ticket for the balance of my checking account! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ah sad story! I'm glad you and your truck will survive this together though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is terrible! if it makes you feel any better, we think my car is in the process of giving up the ghost all together. we were the same way, had a bunch of $ saved up for... iphones? bedroom set? pay off a student loan? and now we've been looking at cars all day... *sniffle*
    call you tomorrow. love you!
    ps. of course you can use whatever you wanted to from my last post in your book - as long as i get a signed copy from the author! :)

    ReplyDelete